Metal Spinning is the process of forming metal to a pattern on a manual or automatic lathe, using hand-held tools on manual lathes and computer controlled rollers on automatic lathes. Our Leico and Autospin are fully automatic machines that spin, trim, and bead all in one process.
Most symmetrically round items can be made in this way. The process is very flexible and the range of products that can be produced is vast.
If you think that this process could be used to manufacture all or any part of your product range, please contact us - our qualified staff is ready to assist you with any questions.
We specialize in the following:
• High accuracy spinning to meet exact tolerances and shapes.
• Full-range of diameters from 1/2″ to 140″
• Capacities up to 1/2″ thick.
• Secondary operation machining on spun parts.
• Hand spun parts or fully automatic CNC production runs.
Benefits of Metal Spinning
• Quick turnaround of parts.
• Flexibility in tooling can result in low cost to produce sample or
• Ease of design changes on new projects - for example - need
smaller parts? Just cut the tool down and re-spin.
• Short lead times. Simple parts in weeks versus months for
• Metal spinning application great for new designs - parts can be
• Metal spinning can be combined with other processes such as
press stamping, press drawing, metal fabrication and machining
• Stainless Steel
• Carbon Steel
• Nickle Alloys
• Brass & Copper
• Precious Metals
• Other Exotics